This is the honesterotica blog, where every month or so we will post a thought-provoking article on a subject related to the content of the site.
Here are a few of the subjects that we are planning to cover; do feel free to suggest ideas of your own!
- Why is it that French writers, thinkers and illustrators dominate the genre? Is there really ‘une exception française’ – a uniquely 'French exceptionalism’?
- How should artists and illustrators handle the delicate subject of children and sexuality?
- The recent history of censorship and illustration.
- Where have all the good erotic illustrators gone?
- The role of illustration in good sex and relationships education.
- What does feminist erotic illustration look like?
- Does the visual imagination of extreme eroticism foster exploitation or mitigate it?
Here is the third and last part of our interview with Hans-Jürgen Döpp, in which he shares his thoughts about erotica today, the influence of the internet, how he defines erotica – and which are his favourite erotic images of all time.
Nobody knows more about erotic art than Hans-Jürgen Döpp. His many books include 1000 Erotic Works of Genius, Objects of Desire, The Kiss, Temple of Venus and Paris Eros.
The name of Hans-Jürgen Döpp will be familiar to anyone interested in the history and dissemination of erotic art, and we are delighted that he has agreed to answer many of the questions we so often ask of ourselves!
This is the last of three conversations with the most-visited illustrator on the honesterotica website, Lynn Paula Russell, a reflection of the enduring relevance of her work.
This is the second of three conversations with the most-visited illustrator on the honesterotica website, a reflection of the enduring relevance of her work.
As many of you will already be aware, by far the most-visited artist on the honesterotica website is Lynn Paula Russell.
So, honesterotica is very nearly two years old, and already we’ve welcomed nearly 80,000 unique visitors, who collectively have viewed over 4 million images. Not bad eh?
We couldn’t quite understand why 1,536 new visitors came to look at honesterotica yesterday, when our average daily visitors are usually under a hundred.
It’s all rather exciting!