This is the honesterotica blog, where every month or so we will post a thought-provoking article on a subject related to the content of the site.
Here are a few of the subjects that we are planning to cover; do feel free to suggest ideas of your own!
- Why is it that French writers, thinkers and illustrators dominate the genre? Is there really ‘une exception française’ – a uniquely 'French exceptionalism’?
- How should artists and illustrators handle the delicate subject of children and sexuality?
- The recent history of censorship and illustration.
- Where have all the good erotic illustrators gone?
- The role of illustration in good sex and relationships education.
- What does feminist erotic illustration look like?
- Does the visual imagination of extreme eroticism foster exploitation or mitigate it?
We couldn’t quite understand why 1,536 new visitors came to look at honesterotica yesterday, when our average daily visitors are usually under a hundred.
It’s all rather exciting!